Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Last Song

Photo courtesy of examiner.com
Phipp Award: 3.25 (See the Cheap Matinee)

Phipps:
I saw this movie with another friend, and just before the movie started, I said, "who do you think dies?" I mean, come on, with a title like The Last Song, what do you expect? And I wasn't disappointed. I don't think it was the best Nicholas Sparks movie, but I liked it. The acting was decent, and the storyline was probable. Bobby Coleman as the kid brother stole quite a few scenes. He made my chin wobble with his crying abilities. This also was a good transition movie for Greg Kinnear - into older dad roles - and Liam Hemsworth - into the US film industry. Miley Cyrus got the job done as well. I don't think she was stellar, but she wasn't awful. (Although, I do like her song contribution to the soundtrack.) I suppose what I'm getting at is this movie was a little better than average, but not much.

Phipps overall: 3.25
Huh. I liked the turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment