Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grown Ups

Picture courtesy of turntherightcorner.com
Gool Award: 3.75 (See the Cheap Matinee)

Goolsby:
I saw this one with a friend, not the Phipps. Me and my friend are both comedy lovers, and this movie pleased. We were laughing pretty much non-stop. Of course I had high expectations for this movie. Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. Throw in a random Steve Buscemi too. The humor was great, but now as try to recall this movie days later, it doesn't seem to have stuck with me. The thing that sticks out in my mind the most is the recurrent breast milk scenes. It was a little over the top. It was very different for me to see Maria Bello (who plays Kevin James wife, the breast milk producer) in this intense comedic role. I got to know her from The Jane Austen Book Club, which is a far more dramatic role. All in all this was a good film. Not a keeper for me, but a good time. And so not appropriate for young audiences. I would say high school and up at a minimum.

Goolsby overall: 3.75
All star cast, but didn't stick
.

No comments:

Post a Comment