Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Photo courtesy of screenrant.com
Phipp Award: 4.25 (Worth 11 Bucks)

Phipps:
I saw this movie opening night with my mom. There were about 5 other people in the theater. It hasn't done an amazing job in the box office. However, I do want this to be a sleeper hit, because I want a sequel. It is such a fun family movie. The special effects were on par. The overall concept of this movie is interesting, and it was executed well. I didn't even mind Nicholas Cage. This is a good transition for him into the older-guy/dad sort of roles. I love Jay Baruchel, and he does well in the underdog role. The hands-down best moment of the movie was the nod(s) to Fantasia. I love when movies embrace their origins! I'll probably end up owning this movie, because it was a stellar time. I'm sure there were dozens of geek moments that I didn't catch the first time. And yes, there is a hilarious Star Wars line. A word to the wise, stay to the very end, there's an easter egg. So, take your fam to the movies and enjoy the ride.

Phipps overall: 4.25
History and magic - how can you go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment