Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Babies

Picture courtesy of www.impawards.com
Goolphipp Award: 3 (See the Cheap Matinee)

Goolsby:
This is a documentary that follows babies from birth to 1 year in 4 very different places - Mongolia, San Francisco, Namibia, and Tokyo. Hands down I loved the kid from Mongolia. He was adorable. This movie had no subtitles, but wasn't really about any dialogue anyway. It was about the cute things babies do! And oi! They are cute. It was really interesting to see how different babies are raised - from huge metropolitan cities to the rural yurt homes. No matter where babies are, they are cry and laugh. Oh goodness. This film was adorable. There is a scene where the Mongolian baby is pulling on a cat's ear pretty roughly, and that cat just doesn't mind at all, it was just precious. This movie is not life changing, but I think it would touch a certain soft spot in most women's hearts.

Goolsby overall: 3
I loved watching the first steps of all the babies.

Phipps:
This documentary was fun. I know I shouldn't have favorites, but I loved Bayar, the baby from Mongolia. He was hilarious...and mellow. My one issue with this film is you only see the good times. Not the 2 AM feedings or the spit up. But I suspect that was the point. It was neat to see how similar child rearing is across the globe. Of course, there were also moments that were dissimilar, and was really interesting! Raising a kid in Namibia is hardcore! I think the filmmakers did a good job weaving all the footage together. Like Goolsby pointed out, there was hardly any dialogue, which to be honest, I kind of missed for the first half. Then I accepted it and moved on, but I wanted to know what people were saying! Overall though, it was just a fun experience. There were so many "awww" moments. I laughed too. It was sweet.

Phipps overall: 3
Yup. Everyone loves babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment