Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The A-Team

Picture courtesy of ramascreen.com
Goolphipp Award: 4.3 (Worth 11 Bucks)

Goolsby:
I'm a huge Liam Neeson fan, so add in some classic action and A-Team corniness and you know I'm going to be there. I had a great time at this movie. You had a pretty easy and obvious plot, but who cares about that. The action scenes were great, and not over stylized like most current action movies. You had the classic team chemistry of the original A-Team. I don't claim to know much about the original series, but I have seen a handful of episodes. I think everyone did a great job bringing to life the characters. I'm really glad to see Neeson owning the older roles. He did a great job playing Hannibal Smith. Bradley Cooper seems like the perfect fit for Faceman. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson owned the role of B.A. Baracus. Last but not least Sharlto Copley did a stellar job playing Murdock. I loved all of them! They really did a great job together, and they made me want to be part of the A-Team. This movie is chock-full of humor, and a range of humor at that. Phipps and I felt like we were the only ones laughing in the whole theater. Hilarious. The movie embraced the corny and I enjoyed.

Goolsby overall: 4.25
I'm glad this movie was done so well, it brought the A-Team to a new generation.

Phipps:
I came out of this movie thinking, "I pity the fool!" and how I wanted to bring the phrase back into fashion. I was in my car saying, "Foo." While admitting that is rather embarrassing, it does show how much I liked it. I think the cast was perfect. I heard people complaining about the lack of Mr. T in the movie, but man, our Rampage owned it. It must have been tough to step into that role, but I thought he did a good job. Neeson totally brought a sexiness to the Colonel that I didn't expect. I'm also not a fan of the TV show, I've seen maybe one episode - it was on while I was still figuring out how to walk, so you can't blame me there. However, just from the pop-culture consciousness and the one episode I've seen in my adult life...I noted that all the classic lines were present and accounted for in this movie. Everything that the A-Team was known for is here. It's entertaining. The action sequences are sharp. Bradley Cooper is a too-tanned stud. Murdock...well, he's still crazy and brilliant. This movie embraced all of it's history and rocked it like a leather jacket. In other words, these guys got the heart of the show. Action without seeing dead bodies covered in blood. The cheesiness was like a breath of fresh air. It was just fun. See it. It's one of the best movies I've seen so far this year.

Phipps overall: 4.5
I just know I'm going to own it someday. I pity the fool! (See...I can't stop...)

No comments:

Post a Comment