Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Adam

Photo courtesy of www.cinemovie.tv
Goolphipp Award: 4.75 (No Peanuts Chucked)

Goolsby:
This movie got the best of me. I wanted something that just didn’t happen – and I knew it wouldn’t happen. I wanted a perfect little bow, but I knew all along that I wouldn’t get it. This movie is about a boy with Asperger syndrome. Boy meets girl, and they both learn more than they thought they ever would. This movie was about courage and growth, and I appreciated that even though there was a romantic plot line – that it developed the more meaningful plot into full bloom.

Hugh Dancy gave a stellar performance. Down to the hand movements, and the layered train of thought we get to see him go through. Amazing performance. The supporting cast was awesome as well. Everyone came together to give us a beautiful story. Now lets all hope we have the same courage Adam does.

Goolsby overall: 4.5
Wonderful.

Phipps:
I loved this movie. I thought it was sensitive and real. As someone who has grown up with an Autistic family member, I so appreciated Hugh Dancy’s performance. I think it was accurate – down to even the most subtle hand movement.

I appreciated the love story that didn’t turn out the way we planned, but was really for the best. I loved how we saw how it changed the characters lives. It reminded me of real life, of how events and people push us to be better, to try new things.

I can't really say much more about it, simply because you must see it. This is one of those movies I’ll hold close to my heart.

Phipps overall: 5
Real. Sweet. Funny. Heartbreaking. Inspiring.
Contact us at goolphipp@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment