Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Post Grad

Picture courtesy of blog.newsok.com

Goolphipp Award: 3.1 (Worth 11 Bucks)

Goolsby:

Post Grad is not Gilmore continued. Although, it has the same tendencies – the quirky family, young adult, cute love interest, and underlying messages. This movie delivered what it had, but it just wasn’t really anything more. It didn’t surprise me or disappoint me. We follow Ryden, a fresh out of the gown college graduate, on her search for life after college. She wants a career, but learns there is more to life than a job.

I didn’t expect much, so it didn’t let me down. It was a cute movie. Is what it is. Good performances from the crazy Malby family. Loved Carol Burnett as the grandma, and I loved all the randomness. I just wish Alexis Bledel would stretch her wings a bit more. Try something different.

Goolsby overall: 3.25
Good pick-me-up, but only slightly memorable.

Phipps:
This movie was ok. You can watch it with your high school kids. It was light and fun.

I’m always drawn to these sort of movies, where people are trying to sort out their lives. But it all boils down to one essential question: what really matters in your life? Most of these movies tap into the theme of dissatisfaction with the American dream. The idea that if you have a high-powered job that everything else will fall into place, and you’ll be happy. And, as most of the working class has found out, it don’t buy happiness. Post Grad does address this question…and Ryden finally figures it out after a series of idiotic moves.

Carol Burnett was seriously fun. I wish we saw more of her in films. One phrase: coffin race cars.

I agree with Goolsby, fun but not too memorable. Average.

Phipps overall: 3
Belt buckles and blow-up furniture don’t buy happiness.


Contact us at goolphipp@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment