Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Picture courtesy of blogs.mirror.co.uk

Goolphipp Award: 3.75 (Worth 11 Bucks)

Goolsby:
Hahaha. So I dragged Phipps to go see this with me because I knew my family wouldn't let me see it with them. I'm known for picking the random movies, and this one sure delivers. Fantastic Mr. Fox is based on the children's book by Roald Dahl and brought to life by Mr. Wes Anderson. I really liked this movie. Although I'm confused at the target audience. It makes sense that the 18 to 30 will enjoy this movie, but I don't think it's really meant for children. Children wont appreciate the stop motion animation, and the quirky humor will fly over their heads. So what is there left for children? I guess all that is left is a long plot and weird looking animals. Phipps and I saw this in a theater that had a handful of children, one even sat directly behind me. The kids got bored and the movie was not able to pull them back in. If you are an adult, go see a matinee showing and have a good time. The voices were great, George Clooney has been a busy man this year.

I loved the little things about this movie. The explanation of Ash's (played by Jason Schwartzman) odd character, and the hand gesture that ensued to explain "weird" to the opossum with a credit card. The modified tube sock burglar mask was a winner in my book. My type of movie all the way. I love Wes Anderson films.

Goolsby overall: 4
You know, you really are... fantastic.

Phipps:
Yeah, I really didn't want to go see this movie. That being said, I didn't hate it. I came out with some jokes I'll repeat. I think the hand motions associated with someone being "different" was amazing. I also found that the substitution of "cuss" for every swear word imaginable to be quite entertaining. It was super quirky, but the typical Anderson humor was there (as well as the typical cast). So, if you are a fan of their past work, you should see The Fantastic Mr. Fox.


Really not a kids movie...or at least, not a young kids movie. Maybe 10+.

This was executed well, and was a good time. What else do you want?

Phipps overall: 3.5
Not my cup of tea, but still fun.

Contact us at goolphipp@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment