Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Photo courtesy of www.yourmoviestuff.comPhipp Award: 3.75 (Worth 11 Bucks)

Phipps:
When Greek mythology invades the 21st century, you'll find me there. It's an interesting idea. I think the only real compliant is Percy doesn't completely fall apart after his mother disappears (and presumed dead). I'd be inconsolable for a while, and Percy doesn't freak out - he's oddly stoic about the entire thing. I suppose it could be argued that he was in shock combined with information overload, but even that doesn't fly well. I thought the performances were solid. Cinematography wasn't sensational, but also solid. Sometimes Pierce Brosnan's centaur effects looked awkward, but it wasn't enough to really complain about. I'm a fan of Sean Bean and I'm glad that he landed Zeus...I wouldn't want to be on that kid's bad side. This movie in general does a decent job of refreshing it's audience of Greek mythology - I'd feel stupid, and then the movie would explain it. Overall, I think it's worth seeing on the big screen. Give it a chance, and you'll have fun. I also have a sneaking suspicion that I will like it much better the second time around.

Phipps overall: 3.75
Nicely Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment