Search This Blog
Find a movie or an actor, anything you want.

Monday, February 22, 2010

When in Rome

Photo courtesy of daemonsmovies.com

Goolphipp Award: 2.25 (See the Cheap Matinee)


Phipps:
Well, I did see the cheap matinee of this movie, and I wasn’t disappointed. It was a typical romantic comedy, but I had fun. I laughed, mostly at Josh Duhamel, who used this movie to show off his comedic timing. He was arguably the best part of the movie. His performance was solid. Props to Danny Devito, he’s a real pro. The rest of the cast was sufficient. I’ll probably end up buying this movie, if that makes a difference to you. It’s a prefect movie for a Girls Night. Guys will probably hate this movie (in all honesty). I will say that this movie made me want to go to Rome, and toss a coin into a famous fountain…and hope for the best.

Phipps overall: 2.5
Charmed by Duhamel.

Goolsby:
I saw this separately with my mother. I was disappointed. I didn't find the physical humor that great. The previews showed most of the funny moments, and the rest was hit or miss. My biggest complaint for this movie is that it was so slow. It took forever to start. With funny movies you have to hop right in and keep the punches rolling. This film did not do that. Phipps is right that Devito Stole the show. All in all it was a little slow paced and run-of-the-mill. Honestly, I think I saw my mom nod out a couple times.

Goolsby overall: 2
Passable.
Contact us at goolphipp@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment